रविवार, 10 जनवरी 2010

Feel the Pain



Feel the Pain

Last evening I had attended a marriage reception. It was first week of January. A very cool evening, colder than what it gets at this time of the year. The reception hall was almost half kilometer inside the main gate of the complex. Inside, the hall was full of guests and outside, parking space, though quite big, was over crowded. At times, I can see taxis also getting in and driving off after dropping the guests.

However, I had my dinner and started driving off in my car. As I came out of the parking area, I saw a couple briskly walking towards the main gate. The taller husband was walking faster and his wife was almost running behind her. Naturally, they were the guest at the marriage and were not having a car. Car after car, were overtaking them and driving off. I calculated, even after making it to the main gate, the couple would not get any public transport. It was late, cold and the remote area. I could not just resist myself but to offer lift to them to the place from where they will get a transport to their destination.

Then, I realized the pain Abraham Lincoln must had suffered when he saw a pig in a drainage fighting for the life. You don’t know the incident? Well, it goes like this-

Once Abraham Lincoln, President of United Sates was going to a party. On his way he saw a pig that might have accidentally felled in the open drainage and was in pains fighting to come out of it. Lincoln got down from the car, get into the drainage and lifted the pig out of it. Unfortunately he was late and could not manage to go back home and change. Hence he went to the party as it is. His accompanying aids were busy explaining the kind act of the President. But when Lincoln heard this he denied any such act and explained the matter thus – it was painful to see the pig in such a pain, and hence he did whatever he did was to relieve his own pain, which every one does.

It is imperative to feel the pain of the other.

कोई टिप्पणी नहीं: